Thursday 23 February 2012

Swiss Chocolate Roll Cake


Ingredients:
2 eggs
1 1/2 oz. flour
2 oz. castor sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 table spoon warm water
1oz. grated sweetened chocolate

Grease a Swiss roll tin, line with grease proof paper and then grease the paper well.
Separate the whites from the yolks of the eggs.
Beat the yolks and the sugar together until the mixture is creamy.
Then add the warm water, and immediately after that the chocolate.
Whisk the whites stiffly, and add alternately with the sieved flour and baking powder, folding them in lightly.
Put the mixture in the tin and bake in hot oven for about 12 minutes.
Turn out on to a piece of greaseproof paper well sprinkled with icing sugar, trim the edges Spread with your choice of filling.filled with butter cream. Roll up. Done.
Then put it on a rack to cool.

1 comment:

  1. This is really lovely. I am new to your blog and have a good time browsing through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great weekend.Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete